Thursday, March 01, 2007

Hunh. 100 posts.

How does one proceed with a 100th entry into one's blog?
Dear readers, I will now waste precious moments of your life as you try to digest the unfastidious collection of words that I have assembled here only to realize that there was no point in reading this particular post. I would like for you to imagine for just a moment that I had contributed something mildly redeemable here. Each word and piece of punctuation would leave the reader exasperated or in such a state of pure euphoria that I would legally be required to place a disclaimer before one proceeds to my posts.

I am aware that this is simply not the case, but if you would like to gasp and wheeze while reading this—I will not attempt to stop you.

If you are reading this I must assume one of two possibilities.
One, you are a friend of mine and have decided to humor me by intermittently visiting this web page and commenting on my life (or lack thereof). Two, you are a person who has been incarcerated for crimes who's act of atrocities cannot be listed for the fear that simply trying to describe the vileness of the acts would cause loss of sanity. Your captors being equally, if not more so inhuman then you dear reader, have subjected you to this particular location in the vast web of information. Please do not try to blink as the clasps they have on your face will in only result in more discomfort.

It may surprise the reader that this blog focused on my random collection of video game or illustration news only to be highlighted by a man who took an unusual interest in forbidden (at least to him) pantaloons. The context was initially my torrid and touching discussion of me wrestling with my muse. Though I found out (quite quickly in fact) that my discussions were neither torrid nor touching… though it could produce a small sense of nausea.

My learned readers (learned being that you had read, at least once, a new news story involving the Bat Boy in the Weekly World News. Not a very high standard but a standard none the less) will notice the transformation where this particular page has become more akin to my day to day activities and relaxed attitude.

I imagine that I should reveal to my readers that I have realized the error in my ways and should look to provide something much more informative and enjoyable. That I, from this moment on, will use discussions on art and technology will be substantial and to provoke one’s imagination and curiosity. To simply sit under the loving singular gaze of each star under the night sky and type a post under the moonlight.

Or I can do what I’ve been doing.

Finals begin next week.
I’ll have stuff to post shortly afterwards!

No comments: